The release of Magento 2.0 has witnessed the arrival of a modern, modular open-source eCommerce platform, rapidly revolutionising the way merchants do business online. Much anticipated Magento 2.0 has been rebuilt and reimagined to be quicker, highly functional with improved scalability, ensuring a smooth transition as you upgrade from Magento 1 x to Magento 2.0.
Empowering the merchant with unsurpassed scope and flexibility. Magento 2.0 offers state-of-the-art technology, optimal marketing and analytical techniques alongside enhanced administrative options all created to support a superior customer shopping experience. Ecommerce has evolved, and if you’re one of the 250,000 businesses currently using a Magento platform, it’s time to consider, do we maintain or is it time to upgrade?
Top 5 Reasons why a Client Would Upgrade Over Maintaining Current System
- Avail of the latest technology from Magento developers and the community of partner developers
- Higher performance and easier to scale up
- Better support for cluster environment
- Vendors may not continue support for 1st extensions, requiring customised solutions
- Longer lifetime of official support for Magento 2.0
- Developers will now focus the development of new extensions for the Magento 2.0 platform
- Magento 1x may not be able to fully support technical advances
How do the Changes Impact Maintenance and Upgrades of eCommerce Stores?
- As the technology focuses on extending the functionalities of the newest edition, maintenance on Magento 1x while a quicker process will require more customisation in the future
- The upgrade while taking longer initially will then ensure quicker, faster, less customised work in the future
How do the Changes Impact the Merchant?
- Front end of theme is responsive out of the box with Magento 2.0
- Merchant to decide whether to invest in increased customisation or full upgrade
- Development focus on Magento 2.0 will lessen support and ongoing innovation for Magento 1
What Does It Mean for the Developer and Partner?
- Analyse each client’s particular situation and requirements
- Draft roadmap to manage upgrade in a seamless non interruptive way for both now and in the future
- Better support from open source community and Magento official
- Extensions and development continuously evolving in the Magento 2.0 community
How Does an Upgrade Impact UX?
- Enhanced scalability
- Quicker page load time
- Fresher, cleaner themes
- Responsive design is with theme out-of-box which fits both desktop PC and mobile device
- Improved shopping cart experience out-of-the-box
- Ease of navigation
In the world of eCommerce performance equals ROI, Magento 2.0 is a faster more intelligent edition of version 1, and when planning an upgrade it is crucial to the success of the project that you engage a Magento agency that will provide a smooth, seamless transition.
Boasting exceptionally talented Magento developers we collaborate with you to plan your upgrade. From protecting the integrity and collection of your data through to the technical execution without interrupting your stores functionality, Balance will support you in your quest for a fully scalable eCommerce environment in which to grow your business and brand.
Contact Balance Internet, Melbourne’s Magento specialists today to discuss your Magento 2.0 upgrade requirements, let us guide you to profitability, call now on 1300 624 368.