Streamline price, stock, promotion management and order fulfilment as you integrate your ERP with the exceptional functionality of the Magento 2.0 open-source extendable platform.
What is an ERP?
An ERP is a suite of integrated applications developed to assist in the management of all aspects of your business including:
- Planning and tracking of manufacture and purchase
- Inventory management
- Assortment management
- Sales and marketing
- Order and payment processing
There are numerous ERP systems available on the market, including products from SAP, Netsuite, AP21, Retail Express, Retail Directions, Epicor, Infor, Harmony, Microsoft, Infor, MYOB, Pronto and many others.
Magento 2.0 can integrate easily with all of them and you just need to call our Magento 2.0 Integration experts at Balance Internet
Why Integrate an ERP with Magento 2?
- Ensures the integrity of your data across multiple systems
- Allows the alignment of the customer experiences both in-store and online
- Delivers an enhanced UX due to a faster and more efficient order fulfilment process
- Minimises the rate of “exceptions” such as the promotion of products no longer in stock or overselling
- Introduces functionality that requires near real-time access to data in regards to stock levels, contract and customer-specific pricing. This includes stock level lookup (ability to ascertain physical store levels of product via the eCommerce platform), ‘Click and Collect’ functionality for B2C customers and the display of customer-specific prices for B2B. This also allows the same coupons to be used both in-store and online
- Reduces resourcing requirements for eCommerce order fulfilment and product management due to an introduction of the automated processes
Integration challenges and benefits of Magento 2 platform
System and data integration is a well-established challenge for those who live in the digital space. The incompatibility of system data models, variances in protocols, formats and integration approaches and the closed nature of many systems can present logistical obstacles for many developers.
Magento 2 has a set of the distinctive advantages that allow dealing with the complexities of the integrations, including:
- Magento natively offers a set of SOAP and REST APIs – all of the APIs are extendable
- Magento 2 supports Swagger framework allowing automated creation of REST API documentation and automated generation of the client stubs as per Swagger Schema (new!)
- Magento 2 supports integration using AMQP message broker (new!)
- There’s a large Magento community in the world you can leverage on. There are a number of readily available integration extensions you can purchase. Check Magento official marketplace at https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/
- You can use one of the application/data integration platforms including Mulesoft, Talend, JBoss Fuse, WSO2 or other to implement your custom integration and automate business processes to gain the competitive advantage
Protecting Data Integrity
Each of the systems process collects and stores sensitive customer data, including personal and transactional details. A subset of this information is transferred between systems using the integration. The implementation of the integration should not compromise the security of any of the systems involved while ensuring sensitive data cannot be intercepted during its transfer.
There are a number of aspects to be considered including information security, exception processing, transactions, data recovery and others.
If you would like to discuss a Magento and ERP integration, call the team at Balance Internet, Melbourne’s leading Magento development agency on 1300 624 368