Windsor Smith are a family owned business, established in 1946 as a Melbourne-based men’s footwear brand, quickly reaching the status of No. 1 in Australia.
The men’s fashion footwear brand opened its first retail store in Melbourne on the iconic fashion strip – Chapel Street and in 2009 their first ever women’s footwear range was released.
Windsor Smith has always and continues to be, at the forefront of shoe fashions, bringing overseas styling and the highest quality European materials to Australia at an affordable price.
Balance Internet and Windsor Smith began their partnership in (2014- CONFIRM) and since then have worked on multiple projects for all three Windsor Smith stores:
Windsor Smith’s websites were all on Magento Community 1.7 with direct integration with ERP AP21. Due to the old community Magento version the integration was unreliable, affecting Windsor Smith’s ability to fulfill orders during peak times.
Balance Internet and Windsor Smith worked together to provide a solution for this issue and a joint decision was made to move Windsor Smith across to Magento 2 Enterprise and to replace the integration with Balance Internet’s middleware solution “DaBus”
Windsor Smith’s Magento 2 project:
The project involved the redesign of Windsor Smith’s three websites, (Windsor Smith, Lipstik Shoes and Windsor Smith Outlet,). A full Magento 2 Enterprise migration and integration with the AP21 ERP for customers, orders, products, pricing, inventory, shipping notifications and beyond.
The project involved implementation of the following extensions:
- Bronto integration
- AddThis for social sharing
- Store Locator
- Amasty Product Labels
- Amasty Improved Sorting
- Amasty Order Attributes
- Amasty SEO Rich Snippets
- Amasty Advanced Special Promotions
- Aheadworks Layered Navigation
- Aheadworks AJAX Cart Pro
- Mandrill for transactional e-mails
- MagePlaza Social Login (Instagram and Facebook)
- Mirasvit Advanced Reports
- Extento Custom Carrier Trackers
- Extento Product Feed
- Zopim Live Chat
Benefit to Windsor Smith’s Magento 2 website:
- Launched with the latest version of Magento 2.1.7
- Site and page speed improved
- More secure than previous version of Magento
- Ability to schedule content updates, promotions
- Shipping email triggered from Magento with tracking number linking to 3PL tracking page
- Social login via Facebook or Instagram
- AJAX layered navigation with improved sorting
To shop or checkout Windsor Smith’s new Magento 2 websites, see the links below:
For more information on Magento 2 contact us or call us on 1300 624 368